Monthly sub

Been considering making ARM subscription-based with a small fee like 2-3 euro a month. What you think?

Would you pay a monthly fee to use ARM?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Subscribe
Notify of

11 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Derpatron
11 years ago

@ZeusEx
Licensed in Translation huh? :/

Cinny
Cinny
11 years ago

Instead of monthly sub I’d advertise donating more. I wasn’t even aware of possibility to donate until I did read patch notes. :P You should tell more about whole ARM making progress. That way people would understand all the effort you’ve put into this project and they are more willing to donate.

Shankz
11 years ago

I would pay a monthly sub max 1$ / month.

That is quite a big money if everybody pays 1$ / month.

ZeusEx
ZeusEx
11 years ago

Hey, I can help you translating ARM to Portuguese, I’m pretty sure many portuguese people would be glad to see it in Portuguese

I am a lincensed student in Translation, mail me if you’re interested,

Best regards

Hitoshi
Hitoshi
11 years ago

I agree, donation would be more suitable. Maybe in increments of 5,10,15 and so on. When people pay by subscription, you’ll probably get more friction with the customers and be prepared to accommodate/satisfy them with service. Besides donation or monthly sub, you could perhaps give additional features for a paying customer along with the free DPS meter. Much like how Auslogic (defrag program) company does.

Zabu
Zabu
11 years ago

i agree with #1, monthly fees wont get you much fans. open up a paypal account for donations and im sure that ppl that really appreciate your work (which everyone should) will donate.

Keep up the good work. i’ll keep on using ARM either way.

Blahboy
Blahboy
11 years ago

Mothly subscription is a very bad idea, wont get you much fans.

You should start a donation project if you want to make some money out of ARM, that way people who do appreciate your work would donate whatever they find good. Forcing people to pay for a software they use to mesure DPS is not smart.

Cen
Cen
11 years ago

Where is the update ?
ARM keep crashing, setting aren’t saved…

Aleutia
Aleutia
11 years ago

+1 original poster

T
T
11 years ago

Wouldn’t it be more feasible to do donations instead of a monthly sub?
Either way thank you for all the hard work

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x