- Updated Telemachus scammers warning list.
Little tip if you are playing the PTS often. I know it’s annoying to switch server/log path in the settings when you want to alternate between pts and retail, so here’s a tip to make this easier:
- Make a new folder somewhere and copy the AionRainMeter.exe file there
- Make a shortcut to that new exe in your desktop or anywhere
- Edit the shortcut and add “/portable” to the commandline parameters
This way, ARM will use a subfolder in the residing exe location to use as the source for settings/screenshots etc, separate from the normal user/Appdata
- Added full support for 3.0 Cleric and Sorceress skills
Missing: spiritmaster, assasin, chanter, ranger. If you got a 60 char with all skills/stigmas and want me to use them to check/add support, contact me through the contact form with your login details.
Seems Gameforge has finally gone completely crazy and unbanned all long time hackers who had been banned even months ago, including extremelly clear cases with plenty of videos glidehacking and players with Padma weapons before the boss was even killed once.
Only thing you can do is spam the support with every hacker sending them the reports (preferably paste it in pastebin as it can be very large and the ticket form won’t fit it), every single time, maybe eventually they decide to do something about it.
- Added compatibility for enabling/disabling chatlog in computers with Asian system locale, like Japanese/Korean/Chinese.
- The standalone system.cfg editor has also been updated with the fix.
- Improved detection for some types of hacks
- Updated commandline for US Aion 3.1 launch
Note: US 64-bit isn’t working anymore after the 3.1 update. If you know how to fix it please contact me.
Last few builds seem to be having trouble with some antivirus, due to using a different exe linker/reloc stripper, specifically bitdefender, g-data, avira and a couple more were triggering as suspicious. I contacted them and sent them samples and most updated their database for the proper recognition as a clean exe, but Avira seems to still be a bit behind.
Rest assured there are no virus or anything suspicious in ARM, you can send the executable to virustotal.com for a check. Here are the results with the latest build:
I submitted the sample also to Avira, but their only response seemed to be an automated “exe is clean and false possitive” email, no information about whether they are updating their DBs to properly check this case.
- Fixed US client launch, it stopped working from ARM since the last Aion client update.
Added support for European PTS (just launched). You can now launch it with ARM as well, (64-bit too).
Simply use Help/update or relaunch the program to get the new build.
Note: if you wanna make a separate setting for the PTS, so that you dont have to keep changing the log path between retail and pts, do this:
- Copy AionRainMeter.exe to a new folder
- Make a shortcut to the exe, and add /portable to the parameters
- Close previous ARM and run this one
This way ARM will use a subfolder in that folder to read/store the config, and the original one won’t be altered.
We had official word from Gameforge until now approving the use of the dps meter; now NCsoft has done the same: