- Fixed issues with the last update and G19 keyboard applet
- Added a delay for new version check on start-up
- Added some detection of AionTool hacks and new types of noanimation
Month: June 2012
It’s been barely 10 months since I published the very first version of ARM, ~7-8 since the first usable version with dps etc, and about a year since I started this project. Last few days we reached 25.000 downloads, and ~400 of the cfg edit tool, must say I didn’t expect the software to become so popular, mostly in the last few months.
I was checking the first few versions.. and omg, it was so ugly -.- I’m more of a code guy so I’m not really very good at designing friendly and good looking UIs, but I’ve tried my best build after build to make it more usable and easier to use for first timers and after new features, trying to think every possible scenario after an install and possible issues with setting up the chat.log etc.
First beta version I published, just as a test/announcement of the development
slightly less ugly version playing with the interface
And today’s version
Some users probably don’t use most of the extra features it offers, and I understand it might be a little confusing or complicated understanding what everything’s for, though I’ve tried to keep the basic functionality simple and ready without any extra configuration. I am always welcoming feedback, so be sure to contact me anytime with your ideas or thoughts. I have received tons of feedback from users, here in the comments, through the contact form, in-game, on boards, thank you everyone who one way or another contributed to making this little app so successful :)
- Added double-click in Graphs/Reports to copy selected line
- Added start-up check for latency patch
Fixed: custom Wow-style format was not being saved/restored when restarting the app.
Added a larger delay for the auto-screenshot after arenas, so it waits ~1 second. It was half a second before and it seemed to trigger the screenshot too early before the score results appeared. It may be too late though now sometimes, need to experiment a bit with the timing.
Some cool new features in this build:
- Auto-screenshot arena results: enabled in the settings menu, this one-time setting will take a screenshot automatically when you finish the 1-1 or ffa arena. This is a bit experimental, but should be in time to capture the results window most times before the players leave (isn’t that annoying?)
- Bad score warning when players apply: ARM will warn you when you are recruiting and a player with a bad score (bad/blacklist/hacker) in your local database applies. You can disable it in the settings window.
- Click-through display: enabled in the settings menu, this will generate a copy of the display, transparent, which you can move and locate where you want. Once set, double-click it and it will become click-through, so that if you click on it, it’ll be as if you actually clicked on the Aion client (or whatever is behind), as if the window wasn’t really there. You must keep the main window active for this to work (not minimized). Ideally, the main window should be set to not ontop (the click-through will be always ontop). If you wish to re-locate the window, you can right-click the tray icon and click Re-position…
fix: Curse of Weakness
Somehow this slipped in the last few builds and noone ever reported, and I hadn’t used SS tree on sorc for a long time so I wasn’t aware. CoR was bugged when cast by yourself and not being identified.
Evil culprit.. was missing a space here at the beginning -.- (I don’t use regex)
rMob := CopyDelimited(t,’ a magical’);
- Removed beta status, 1.x has now been running bug-free and very stable for a while besides very minor glitches.
- Updated hacker lists.
- Added full 3.0 skills support for Gladiator, as well as some asmo-only skills that were missing.
Some 3.0 updates, but still no 3.0 in Europe.
I’m uploading a new build tomorrow with support for some more of the 3.0 skills. It’s going slow since I play in Europe, where we are still stuck with 2.7
We are probably getting 3.0 in September/October with some luck. Gameforge still refuses to publish the update until they have all useless languages translated and dubbed, even though the English one was ready months ago.
I guess GF bosses are probably nationalistic xenophobes who can’t speak a word of English, so they don’t really care. Wish some other company would take over the English servers.