Starting from next version there is a major change in the interface, mostly the player “boxes” are gonna be generated in a very different way which will result in a much faster and smoother operation during sieges or busy times with lots of players.
You will be able to fully customize it by simply editing a XML where you can choose what to include, where to place each text, what colors, how big, kinda like scripting your own UI by specifying step by step how to ~draw it.
I would welcome ideas/drafts/sketches of what you would like to see in the new UI, please post your ideas here in the forum: http://rainy.ws/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100
Here’s a sample/test:
- Removed all cheating apps detection, ARM will now work whatever you are using
- Removed forced-updates, you won’t need to forcibly update anymore
- Removed “Generate hacker report” and “Send hacker report” functions
- Updated OpenSSL libraries (only in the full installer)
- Fixed Imgur uploader (they disabled v2 api) + faster uploads
- High-DPI support, screenshots and ARM’s windows should display correctly on high-dpi settings like 4K displays on W10
- Added a few visual styles (themes), under Settings/Visual Styles
Next version (2.5 or 3.0) will come out as a beta with a new (and customizable) display for players data (will be much faster/smoother on sieges etc)
New NA.pak is ready with the new server names and latest EU pak stuff.
Kinda unaware Google was recently flagging rainy.ws for containing “malware”, which turned out to be the syscfg editor being compressed with mpress, which seems to trigger with quite a few of the least popular (worst) antivirus as they don’t properly decompress the binaries before the analysis. If you get my exe (now compressed with UPX), unpack it, submit it to Virustotal: clean; compress it with mpress, submit: few crappy AV’s think it’s malware (some trigger with UPX as well but to a lesser extent).
After re-uploading the exe with UPX instead Google has cleared their false trigger.
- You can now resize the window horizontally.
- Added http://soyto.github.io to links in the Help menu (check player ranks).
- You can launch NotAion from ARM again (Tools/Run)
- Server selection settings revamped:
You can configure 3 different clients and easily switch between EU/NA/NotAion, with each having their own client path, faction and characters names separately. You will have to enter your character names again after the update.
Fixed Sandblaster and Magic Implosion for EU 4.8
- Added links to stigma calc and gear test (mouseclic/aspirine sites) in the Help menu
- Added a setting (default on) to remove server names when you copy dps data (i.e Nozomi-Telem -> Nozomi)