Poll closed March 30th 2013.
- Fixed “Syncopated Echo” skill for Bard.
- Fixed some bard and sm skills for EU client.
- Added “.google ” command, to launch a browser search from in-game (“.google anything”).
- Removed “.online” command (didn’t work for a while anyway).
Stumbled upon an interesting post today in the NA forums:
There are a very large number of players on the Siel Asmo side that I gamed with when I first started that I met in IRC. They were called “pro” by basically everyone who ever played with them.
As I began to get to know these people, they invited me to their inner circle, where they explained the basic functioning of the most common hacks:
1) Radar hacking, a hack that displays the distance between yourself and a number of other registered items that overlays your in game screen.
2) No animation hacking – and here is where people who have never hacked and have no friends who admit to it fall short of assessing this problem.
A) No animation hacking does not work simply by turning the animation on, or off. It is not a 100% or 0% item. It has settings ranging from 1-1000. Most of the players I PVP’d with left their setting at 195. This gave the appearance that they were not hacking, but sped up their animations enough to be in line with what we generally associate with “WoW” or Word of Wind. This means that their animations would cancel fast enough that they could spam skills at the same speed they could if they were buffed with WoW.
- Want to test this? Have two players that keybind their skills and are considered “skilled” i.e. fast key presses. Next, knock this player down with a templar or glad. A hacking templar or gladiator will be able to get off 1-2 kd skills before the non hacking opponent is able to remove shock. Also, it works in the reverse, if a player is so fast on their remove shock that you see them stumble, but are unable to use your KD skill because they cancelled the animation on the remove shock, i.e. they are still stumbled on screen, but they are already auto attacking and or casting their remove shock skill before you can even breakpower or w/e that glad skill is, they are hacking. This is not a “no that person is just faster”….. No, you’re lying, and you’re a hacker if you agree with that statement, the fact is, that player, who somehow magically presses their remove shock and KD skills faster than any other opponent could without WoW, is hacking. They’ve turned their animation setting to a low value to avoid being caught openly, and they’ve made it so you can barely draw a line between a hacker and a legitimately good player.
B) This hack setting can not be applied to “1000″ for melee users. By putting it at “1000″ you run the risk of your melee animations being so fast that your skill presses from your keyboard get negated for auto attacks. Therefore you can’t use skills because youre to busy auto attacking at “FLASH” speed.
3) Speed hacks – this is more of a teleportation hack that increases your characters run speed to the point where you gain a .3 to .4 edge in being able to stay on target. At it’s lowest settings a leather class will appear to be un-kiteable due to their natural run speed buffs, at it’s highest setting the opposing player will teleport around.
4) No gravity – this hack makes it so that your character stops in a position above the playable ground. It eliminates the rules of gravity.
5) No Clip – this allows players to walk through walls, and is a major way people in the level 50 range (hacking twinks etc.) farm hexway and other instances.
6) Autpot/Chain skil – ever feel like someone is always able to FE your IJ? Or always knows the exact moment to press an AP pot / heal pot to maximize their use of second wind or emp armor? That can be in relation to this, which triggers skill use upon other deciding factors. Because the chat log in Aion registers a skill cast before it takes place – a player using this hack can Focused Evade upon the signal from the chat log that the opponent has used Doom Lure. The program then automatically casts Focus Evade, and voila, you just FE’d doom lure like a magician pro that is just so great at this game.
How do you prove these things? It’s legit not possible, if it was, they wouldn’t be in game or exist.
The problem I have Vinley, is that, these players I’m referencing, that taught me all of this information? They used to say the same things you’re saying now to the public.
“LOL everyone thinks im a Hacker because they just suck”
“I don’t know why people accuse me of hacking, they’re just bad”
Also, let’s not mention that you can hack while streaming and it would be oblivious to the casual gamer or even those people who don’t have the intimate knowledge I’ve stated above. You would just simply minimize the program and play in full screen. It hides itself so that if you were to take a screenshot it just appears as a random window on your desktop. They fixed this after that one templar from Israphel got himself busted.
So I’m sorry if I take your post with a grain of salt. The fact is, if you were a hacker, your post would be exactly the best kind of post to make to defend yourself from NCSoft.
“See NCSoft, I’m not hacking, you can’t physically prove it, and I already warned you that people accuse me of hacking because they’re just bad!”
There was a bug in the last update, if you are using the close to tray feature, you won’ t be able to close ARM from the tray menu. This is fixed already and I re-uploaded a new version, you must re-download and install again to fix it. (ARM won’t detect there’s a patch for this version)
You can also simply disable the feature and close normally with the X button.
The poll is open again for votes:
- Added support for NA’s 4.5 release and the new Aethertech class, including all the new items from the 4.5 database to be used with the “.item” library tool
- Added a link to EU siege times under the Help menu
- Removed cheat detection*
* This needs further clarification:
Until now, ARM would often check for a few of the most popular cheating applications, if any was found to be running at the same time as ARM in your computer, ARM would shut down (and nothing else). This was to prevent ARM from running at the same time as cheating apps, as I didn’t want such people using my app. NC and GF have been telling the playerbase that stopping hackers is impossible or not feasible, that the only way is to report/investigation blah blah blah; the fact is, it’s very easy to detect if such applications are running at the same time as the game client, but NCSoft never cared about putting any effort into this. The main reason behind such lack of action to stop cheaters in Aion is very obvious: a large part of the playerbase is using these applications nowadays, if they get banned, the publisher would lose a pretty large amount of income from shop sales etc.
So let me remind you all again: the reasons we have to cope with hackers in Aion is not technical, it’s all about making more money. ARM can detect these applications easily, and so could the launcher and the game client, but they decide not to.
Add to that the corruption where the publisher is sucking up to a certain group of players (hackers) who spend a very considerable amount of money in the cash shop, and the latest decision by Gameforge to forbid any further use of applications like Battleping to reduce the ping (again a money issue, with this move, Gameforge expects to boost their income that is otherwise lost to RMT sales, while screwing half the server population whose gameplay experience will be destroyed).
It’s time to stop trying to help a company who doesn’t care about us, and so the cheat detection in ARM is gone.
The complaints are still going hot since GF decided to kill half their playerbase yesterday, becoming the laughing stock of every other publisher (as if they weren’t already anyway).
This needs no comments, I’ll just leave you with the links.
You should all go make a ticket and spam their support until they revert this atrocious decision:
- Added support for most of the skills with the horrendous Gameforge European client’s translation.
- Added support for templar’s Reroute Power skill.
- New feature in chat window: login tracker.
- Filtering in raw log window is much faster.
Updated the NA data.pak to use with EU version