- Rewrote the entire filtering/sorting code, now you can sort by class without the app freezing, new filter code is 50-100x faster.
- Now you can also filter by class and mob while PVP filter is on.
- G15 display update: now you can see top 3 dpsers besides your own damage.
- Fixed bug with copy dmg/godstone
- Dps format fix for some cases where regional settings was bugged (swedish and some others)
Did you know, your dps and being fast in pvp depends -mostly- on your ping. People with 20-40ms have a extreme advantage over others with better gear but worse ping like 70-80 and higher. Have you noticed how average players (even clickers) who don’t even do anything but PVE still manage to do some decent dps? It’s all because of low ping.
If your ISP sucks like mine, there are some ways you can improve it a little:
1) Request your ISP to change your ADSL from “Interleaving” to “FastPath”.
This can in many cases go as far as halving your ping, or reduce it by 40-50 or more, but many ISPs don’t want to do it (like mine).
2) Change some Windows’ registry settings called TCPAckFrequency/TCPNoDelay/MSMQ.
You have probably heard of “Leatrix” and recently others like Nima or something like that.. all these apps do the same, they modify these registry settings in Windows. ARM does it as well, going even one step further than those with a setting they don’t change. In my case this reduced my ping from 300-350 to ~150
In ARM you can use this in the Help menu > Ping/Latency fix. You must run ARM as admin for this, and then click on “Fix all…” if it’s enabled.
3) Use a proxy service like Battleping.
This is the option that will help the most. A big issue with your connection to the game servers is the routing, your data hops through servers at many different locations, which adds more and more delay on each jump. With Battleping what you are doing is connecting to their servers instead, and from there on they relay your connection to the game server through different paths than your ISP would otherwise choose, and they greatly optimize the way your data is sent to them. Even if you have a low ping without it, due to Gameforge using very cheap servers and throttling connections from outside Germany, you might often have lag spikes and general stability issues.
My ping right now without BP, at around 9AM CET in the morning, just idle in Sanctum with almost noone around:
Can you see the difference?
1) lower ping
2) stable ping without spikes
If you want to try, you don’t need to register or pay, they let you use it for 20 minutes with full access, after which it will disconnect (and then you can use it again for another 20 etc.. no limit on this).
To use it, it’s very simple:
1) Pick a server (only need to do it once)
They recommend picking a server that’s closer to the game servers, but in my case I get better results with a server kinda in the ~middle from my place and the game servers. Try a few until you find which works the best for you. Even if ping seems lower with some servers than others, they might not work as well once in-game.
2) Click on “Game Connection“
3) Start the game normally through ARM or NC/GF launcher
If you leave BP open permanently, you don’t need to click on “Game Connection” each time you restart the game, only if you restart BP (you must also restart the game after closing BP though).
If you see “Game Detected” it’s working; (most times you need to log in game until you will see that message).
Check it out here: http://www.battleping.com/
There are other similar services around, but BP has worked the best for me from a few I tried.
- Fixed a crash bug with player database tool
- Changed numerical 1k separator to “.”
- Changed the way godstone damage is displayed when you copy dps data:
Before: Dmg: Me 3,615,940 (gs:66,697)
After: Dmg: Me 3.549.243 (+gs:66.697)
Added a tool under Tools/System tools to easily download and install NA Data.pak for European (english) and Russian (not fully tested) clients.
- Fixed “Freeze Chat” setting in the File menu
- Fixed Aethertech being identified as Sorceress with EU GF data.pak
- Updated OpenSSL libraries in the main installer
- Fixed some text rendering issues on tray notification windows
- Fixed: Blessing of Wind VII (Gameforge broke skill names)
- Fixed: Some spirit skills (Gameforge broke skill names)
- Added some icons to the menus
- Added a tool: change EU install folder
- Big speed-up when saving Aion screenshots (PNG), ~2-3x faster.
Updated NA pak to enable www. links again
- Fixed: some issues when saving session files.
- Feature: sound volume setting for mp3 triggers.
I’ve uploaded a new installer to fix the issues caused by the last update. Somehow 64-bit OpenSSL DLLs ended up in the setup instead of 32-bit (ARM is 32-bit, need the same type of dlls), and that was causing the issue for many people.
Fix: simply download arm again from here and install over.