Donate to help keep development alive
Turned 64-bit launch option back on by default and removed the warning.
Ever wondered what all the mentally handicapped people spamming other languages in group chat are saying? fret no more, ARM is here to help.
Added “.gt” in-game command. This can be used in 2 ways:
- “.gt blah blah” this will open google translate with “blah blah” in your browser with Auto->English
- “.gt” this will open the GT again but with the last 5 lines found in the chat (group/ally/say etc, except for whispers/lfg)
Some changes to the EU automatic login option:
Holding CTRL before starting the client (from ARM) has this effect:
- If Aion is already running, it will still use the login/pass (else it won’t, to avoid getting 1st client dc’ed)
- If Aion is not running, it won’t use the login
New NA pak is ready with the latest fixes from EU pak (broker last row etc) and all the updates from live NA 5.1 (they updated yesterday).
This took more work than usual since NA are still on 5.0, so I couldn’t just take their files and swap them, I made a special app to “convert” the EU pak , getting all the NA data I wanted while keeping the new items from EU 5.1.
- Added a setting on Main Settings/Launcher>”Remove daily offers…” to remove the shop window that appears next to the EU 5.1 broker (only works if you launch Aion from ARM)
- Added a warning for 64-bit client launch (5.1 is a mess, use 32-bit for now)
- New .mss (Magic Supression) mob data for 5.1 EU
I have a 5.1 NA Data.pak ready which I’m currently testing.
- Temporal workaround for the issue where the Windows taskbar would remain visible while Aion was on Windowed-Fullscreen mode if ARM was set to be always on top. (Apparently a future W10 update fixes this normally, already in the Insider builds)
Maybe you haven’t heard about this if you don’t visit the forums or check their website much, this is what happened:
For the birthday event Gameforge gave everyone 2000 Cellatu pots, 1k for HP, 1k for MP, unaware that these pots also remove 3 debuffs as opposed to just 2 with the normal ones. Upon realizing their “mistake” they decided to take 95% of the pots away on the next maintenance, leaving players with just 50 of each.
So what happened? they didn’t put much thought into the script that would run through the database to check players’ inventory and remove the items: some players who had a large amount of the pots previously obtained through their wallet (buying keys for shugo etc) had ALL of their pots taken away, even 4K of them, but the worst part… the script didn’t check for all of the inventory slots, it stopped after finding these pots in 1, so if someone had split theirs in separate stacks.. only one of the stacks got removed:
So imagine someone doing something like this, maybe in piles of 50 each:
they would get to keep 950 of the pots, x2 = 1900 of these OP pots vs the rest of players who were left with 50, creating a situation of huge unfair disadvantage vs those with the 50 vs those who kept most.
How did GF fix it? they didn’t, they won’t, they said they will leave this as is, nice huh.
we decided to not run another removal of the items
we checked the numbers of how many players were actually affected by this and
^ “we know who kept them but can’t be arsed to fix our mistake”
this was our mistake and we want to apologize for the situation. We hope for your understanding.
Yeah well, our “understanding” won’t fix the unfair situation you created for us, so go and fix it, this is inexcusable.
- Fix: Transparent Display option was not being saved properly, when you exited ARM it would open again as transparent even if you exited in normal mode.
- Some fixes for SM skills (NA only)
- “Pure-dps” mode under Settings: with this enabled, only damage/dps data will be processed, no chat features, in-game commands, exp/ap etc will be processed, only damage. Try this if you find ARM being slow at large sieges, it should be several times faster to process data.
- Improvements/fixes for the player warnings feature (when people in your Player DB apply to your group recruit or join)
- EU Login in the launcher: now you can add your username and password to the launch process so that you won’t need to enter it when you load the game:
This works by simply adding your login to the command-line parameters of the launch (you can do this with a bat file as well). However, caution is required here, don’t use this on shared computers/net cafes etc. While your password is encrypted in the settings file, using your own hdd/ssd characteristics (someone stealing your settings file still would not be able to login with your account, the decrypted password would be wrong), if someone has access to your computer and they launch Aion through ARM, they could use some tool to check the command-line arguments passed to the game and see your password.
Further note on this feature: launching a 2nd client through ARM will not use the login if one client is already running, so that it won’t get you disconnected on the first one.
- November 2016 (4)
- October 2016 (9)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (3)
- February 2016 (2)
- January 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (2)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (6)
- March 2015 (6)
- February 2015 (2)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (3)
- September 2014 (5)
- August 2014 (7)
- July 2014 (5)
- June 2014 (6)
- May 2014 (8)
- April 2014 (9)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (3)
- January 2014 (6)
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (4)
- October 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (5)
- July 2013 (11)
- June 2013 (13)
- May 2013 (8)
- April 2013 (12)
- March 2013 (15)
- February 2013 (16)
- January 2013 (11)
- December 2012 (4)
- November 2012 (7)
- October 2012 (7)
- September 2012 (10)
- August 2012 (14)
- July 2012 (12)
- June 2012 (9)
- May 2012 (12)
- April 2012 (10)
- March 2012 (19)
- February 2012 (11)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (1)